Black Bean Quesadillas

I have been wanting to make quesadillas forever.  I really don't know why I don't make them more often since I order them frequently when I go to Mexican restaurants.  Plus they are super easy to make. And the variety is endless.  My son loves them while my husband will pass on them. I guess you can't please everyone.  I think that probably is one of the most frustrating parts of cooking. No one likes everything.  Wouldn't it be great if whatever we made was met with looks of enthusiasm and smiles!  Am I dreaming or what????  Anyhow, enjoy these any way you want.  This is my take on quesadillas!

1 large sweet onion, cut in long thin strips
2 green peppers, cut into long thing strips
2 - 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 15 oz can of black beans
1/2 can of corn
2 Tbs of water
1 tsp chili powder (add more if you like for extra spicy)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups of Mexican cheese blend, shredded
8 large flour tortillas

Heat 1 Tbs oil in skillet on medium high heat and add onions and peppers and cooked for about 5-7 minutes until peppers are slightly soft.
Combine black beans, corn, water, chili powder, cumin and oregano in small saucepan and heat.  Season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 - 2 Tbs olive oil in large skillet and let oil get hot.  Lay down 1 flour tortilla and add about 2 Tbs of filling (use your judgement on amount).  Flatten filling slightly with fork and cover top with cheese. Top with another tortilla and let cook about 1 or 2 minutes and flip over till both sides are slightly crisp and golden brown.  Remove to plate and let cool for one minutes.  Slice with pizza cutter.
Serve with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.



Comments

Joanne said…
Quesadillas are always a hit around here! Love how cheesy these are.
Quesdadillas are one of my very favorite meals! These look so delicious.

Sues
My Inner Chick said…
I'm making this over the weekend!

WOWWWWWWWWWWW. YUMMMMM. I WANT! xx
Love a black bean quesadilla!